For Your Visit
To ensure that your first visit is productive and informative, please follow simple steps listed below:
1. Don’t worry – everything will be OK. We are here to help, and will make sure you have the best experience possible. We keep old-fashioned opinion that EVERYONE is unique and deserves the best treatment. Please let us know if you need special arrangements.
2. Make arrangements. First appointment is a Consultation – it can last 1-2.5 hours. If you have other commitments our staff will work with you to schedule best appointment. You will have enough face-to-face time with Doctor – to tell your story, voice your concerns and get a detailed explanation of what is going on and how to treat it. If you are out of town and want to have all tests done – special ½ day slot will be booked for you.
3. Insurance or cash for service. If you are planning to use your medical insurance to cover appointment costs, it is your responsibility to call insurance provider and ask about deductible, co-pay and co-insurance that applies to your visit to Specialists In- or Out-of-network. If your appointment is not covered, we will review the Treatment Contract with you prior to providing services.
4. Fill out forms.
We need to collect certain information necessary for your visit. Please download and complete our FORM 1 and FORM 2. You can fill in all the applicable boxes and then print and complete all other fields. In order to obtain the records from you previous doctors you need to send them a signed request – FORM 4. Your records will be sent directly to our practice.
You can download our forms here in PDF format:
FORM #3 FORM #4
Please remember to bring forms to your appointment. THANK YOU!
5. Chart records from other doctors. If you already had laboratory or imaging tests done, please collect all info (or print from websites) – that can save lots of time!
6. Stopping antihistamine treatments (link to skin test). We do not require you to stop medications if you have significant symptoms. While you might not be able to have a skin test on a first visit, it is best to first discuss everything with Dr Kushnir, who may recommend a better treatment.
7. Being late and cancellations. Plan to arrive on time. If you are more than 15 min late we will have to reschedule your appointment. Our Institute is located on the 3rd floor of the medical building: 2320 Woolsey St/off Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705. 2 hour parking on the street is free. You will need to pay for parking lot. If you decided to cancel your appointment – please notify us as soon as possible. We have a waiting list and other people would be happy to have your spot.
8. Pet policy. While we love pets, many patients are severely allergic to animal dander and fir. That is why we have absolute NO PETS policy which applies even to service dogs. Please DO NOT leave your pets in the car while at appointment – that is dangerous for them and makes everyone in the office nervous.